Suffering from Plantar Fasciitis? Footbeat to the Rescue
For more than 40 years of running most experts give one cause of running injury, over use. You simply ran too far, too fast or too soon. With all of the new technology available and the new thinking on mobility there is no reason you should be getting injured especially Plantar Fasciitis. Yet, ask any running store what the #1 complaint is and other than shoes it will be Plantar Fasciitis. The main reason you are getting injured today is purely neglect. To limit your chance of running injury you simply have to do all of the little things.
10 years ago a doctor out of Grand Junction, Colorado wanted to create a better way to recover from orthopedic surgery with a concentration on eliminating DVT’s. That product he and a group of engineers developed is Footbeat. Through the 10 years of development the little motor they developed got put to the test. Through independed study and practical use the results were all the same. The darn things worked and then some. Not only would the little motors work to limit the chance of DVTs but they would help with Edema, Plantar Fasciitis and DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).
How Does it Work?
The human body is a perfect organism. Our circulation is built to provide everything our body needs to function. Blood carries the nutrients and oxygen we need to live. Circulation starts with fresh blood being pushed out of the heart through arteries. The muscles and organs use the nutrients in the fresh blood and return waist product. That waist product is then transferred to the veins where it returns to the hear to get regenerated. At the transfer there is a series of valves. In the foot there is an intricate series called the Plantar Venus Plexus (PVP). It sits in your arch. When you walk or run your foot acts as the pump. It pumps the blood, opens the valve at the PVP and the blood shoots through your veins to your heart. When that valve doesn’t function properly or can’t function properly due to inflamation, bad things happen. The little motor in Footbeat does what the foot isn’t doing or can’t do. For a patient coming out of orthopedic surgery the little motor with a platform that hits the Plantar Venus Plexus with the exact right amount of pressure ensures continuous circulation so swelling and DVTs don’t happen.
While I was writing this a friend contacted me. She had broken her Tibia while snowboarding and had a great deal of swelling in her foot. She saw my video and asked me about the science. I had a demo pair that I gave her.
Clearly you can see the massive amount of swelling on the right foot turning her toes purple.
After 6 days with Footbeat. 20 minutes of use 3 times a day.
The majority of the swelling is gone. She is still in a walking boot but now much more comfortably. This is why Footbeat was developed in the first place.
The Athletic Benefit
As runners we are doing damage every time we run. When we don’t do all the little things to promote recovery that damage compounds itself. You don’t strain your Plantar Fascia on one wrong step. You tear it slowly maybe over weeks and months through daily running. We go for a run then we go about our day. Usually that entails a great deal of sitting. At your desk, in meetings, in your car and everywhere else. So you went for a run, did a small or great deal of damage and then you dramatically slowed your circulation by sitting. My knowledge of the body based on sport is blood goes where it is needed most. When we sit and aren’t using our legs the blood isn’t focused there, it’s focused where we need it.
Footbeat can go everywhere you go. It’s simple to use. Sit down at your office desk, put the mocs on, turn on the motor and drive fresh blood to your tired and worked muscles and connective tissue. Putting continuous fresh blood on damaged legs can only do one thing, help them repair. Most important is where Footbeat does it’s magic. It does it at the foot where Plantar Fascittis goes un checked. Put Footbeat on to prevent Plantar Fasciitis and use it to help cure it. This is not a guarantee. Go to the Footbeat website and read the testimonials. Go on Instagram and type in Footbeat or #Footbeat. There are countless success stories of fixing PF. There hasn’t been a product like this ever so I expect you to challenge that notion. It’s happening every day. People are pain free because of Footbeat.
Who Should Use Footbeat?
- Runners who are prone to injury – the runner most prone to injury is the runner just coming off of injury.
- Runners putting in big efforts with a goal in front of them – Are you running Boston for the first time? You should be doing everything possible to make sure you get to that starting line.
- Runners who travel for a living – You know that feeling getting off the plane. If I’m an expert at anything it’s trying to “train” while traveling 140,000 miles a year. Traveling trashes you. From the dry air to the pressure on your circulation. When you fly the pressure in the cabin is enough to close the valve in the Plantar Venus Plexus. The blood goes down to your foot and stays down. Your feet swell. Traveling on a 13 hour flight, it could take a full day to reduce the swelling. Now I use Footbeat and I get off the plane with normal feet and fresh feeling legs. Airport security worldwide allows them on the plane. In fact, nobody questions. The motors make noise but nobody hears them on the plane. Even if they do, too bad. The benefits of wearing them on the plane far out shines a few looks of annoyment on fellow passengers. More than likely they’ll ask what that is and then you’ll tell them how your feet are going to feel great. My protocol is 10 minutes on every hour that I’m awake. That simple.
Some General Questions that Come Up
- Why would I spend $450 – Can we measure the cost of an injury like Plantar Fasciitis? Trips to the Podiatrist, Insoles or Orthodics, New Running Shoes, Socks etc. Those are hard costs but not running because you can’t is priceless.
- Isn’t rolling my foot on a ball the same thing? Rolling on a ball is a must do practice. Breaking up tissue is essential to pain free feet. Remember though, the platform in Footbeat hits the Plantar Venus Plexus in the exact right spot, with the exact right amount of pressure at the interval of your circulation. You simply can’t do that with a ball.
- What if I just stand up and walk around on a regular basis to promote blood flow? Yes, you should do that. Your smart watch will tell you when it’s time to move. Recovery and repair don’t happen when the body is moving, it only happens when the body is at rest. Using Footbeat while at rest is promoting recovery.
- What’s the warranty – Test it out for 30 days. Motor warranted for one year.
I should note, I’m not employed by Footbeat. I didn’t pay for my Footbeat and I have done work for the company helping them launch into sport. They pay some of my expenses and that’s it. I really believe in this product and I like the company. They are good people.
Here’s a video I did with a bit more explanation.